Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Delivery info of your C6 Z06

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
Just wondering if anyone that has a C6 Z06 on order knows when they could/should expect to take delivery?

If so, thanks for sharing the info in advance.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

October.

They need to hurry up and start shipping. I'm hoping to snag an 02-03 Z06, but thought I'd wait for the mad rush on the 06's since I'm sure there will be more C5 Z06's on the market then when owners upgrade.

Mine will be built on Tues 8/23 and roll off in the afternoon if all goes as planned. I will be there to watch the build and start it at the end of the line. No delivery date as of yet. ALL retail cars are being held at the plant until end of August. I got museum delivery which we hope will be the second week in September.

Great - What color/option package did you order?

I bet you are getting somewhat excited.

Kind of curious, who's going to give you the tour when you watch your Z06 build?

Do you plan on watching the build from Trim/17-10-02 all the way thru Final/25-40-77? Hopefully you can watch the engine and suspension come together also. The Z06 engine/powertrain build is awesome.

How long will it take to complete your Corvette's build once it hits Trim?

Sorry for all the questions . . .

Later,
Dwayne

6 Shooter said:
I bet you are getting somewhat excited.

Kind of curious, who's going to give you the tour when you watch your Z06 build?

Do you plan on watching the build from Trim/17-10-02 all the way thru Final/25-40-77? Hopefully you can watch the engine and suspension come together also. The Z06 engine/powertrain build is awesome.

How long will it take to complete your Corvette's build once it hits Trim?
Kevin is doing the tour. He'll call us if we need to get over there any earlier. I'm not sure what stage of the build the car will be at when we start watching it, but it's my understanding that it takes about a day, maybe a little more, to build one so I doubt we'd see the entire process.

We were the FIRST customers IN THE WORLD to watch their C6 Z06 be produced at the plant! No lie!! How cool is that?!?! Kevin was the nicest guy you would ever want to meet and took us on a personal tour of the plant. I did my first start and drove it off the line! It was only about 40 feet, but hey - I DROVE MY NEW C6 Z06 ! ! ! !
We got there at 7:30 AM and followed our car through from fluid fill to first start. We didn't get done until about 11:00. Several regular tours came and went as we hung around, asked questions, and watched a bunch of other Z06's (and regular coupes and verts) get built. We saw every stage of assembly from bare single frame rails to completed cars getting water-tested. It was quite an experience. No cameras are allowed in the plant. Here's some photo's that Kevin took for us of our car:
PICS
Now we just wait for Museum Delivery in another 1-3 weeks.

My buddy has has one on order since they announced them.
We ran into the salesman at lunch the other day and he said they wouldn't be getting any here until spring.:cry

That is so cool, Randy! Congrats!

Very cool, I'm kind of on the edge, but have to sell about three cars to buy one of those. Wow, those pics sure make me wish though...

Bruce

Randy,

CONGRATS! How did you order it? Have deposit on one with Maxie-Price - ALL BLACK!

Randy,

no, what I meant - what package a 1Z or 2Z? any options, or did you order just like me - go fast, don't need no stinking options?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom