Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Detail question - Front fender vents

T

turbo78vair

Good morning from the Indy area. Question as to how to detail the area at the front of the fender vents behind the front wheels. Our '78 Pace car was redone a few years ago and that area appears to be mostly silver overspray. I looked at a 9k car alittle bit ago and it also looked similar with a silver overspray look.
Is this the correct look?
We have some silver spray inside our wheel wells. We've been told that it should be flat black or satin black. I suspect that is correct - would you all agree?
Thanks
GaryC - Franklin, IN

i would suggest that you consider purchasing an NCRS judging document if you are trying to be exact as to the restoration or preservation of your pace car, which it sound like you are trying to accomplish. they will outline everything you would want to know about what the vehicle should look like and have (date-wise, etc) of all the components.

good luck

by the way, welcome to CAC!!

steve

Steve, thanks for your response. I'm not heading for Bloomington Gold arena, but would like to check on a couple things. Our car looks nice, but it is a high mile driver. We've only had it since early this year.
I'll check on the NCRS book that you suggested.
Like your pace car! They are sharp looking cars.
Take care - GaryC

Gary, the NCRS 78-79 Tech Info manual and Judging Guide says the side louver opening inside area "should be painted semi-flat black, with no signs of body color overspray."

The silver you see is probably from someone repainting or doing some touch up.

Bob, thanks for the response. I've put the NCRS book on my Xmas list. I suspected that the vent area was also supposed to be black, but didn't know for sure.
Take care out there in Arizona. Temps is in low 30s here in Central IN this morning. Vette is chilling in the garage.
Gary C

...We have some silver spray inside our wheel wells. We've been told that it should be flat black or satin black. I suspect that is correct - would you all agree?
Thanks
GaryC - Franklin, IN

Fenderwells got a shot of semi-flat black during the blackout process, but application was passable at best and hit mostly only appearance areas. It's possible your silver overspray is factory.

Have you had a chance to peek into the fenderwells of a couple of other Pace Cars and compare?

:)

Mike, thanks for your response. Our PC was refinished about 3 yrs ago , long before we knew anything about the car. Since our car is only a good lookin' high mile driver, think I will go ahead with spray of inside fender wells and at the front of the fender vents. I get some tips from a restorer who does really nice NCRS/Bloomington Vettes.
Take care - GaryC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom