Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Detailed with Zanio

a69vette

Corvette
1969 Triple Black Convertible: 2014 Crys Red Conv
Just finished detailing with Zanio Z-2. I used to go to the corvette shows and ask owners how they got that wet look. They answered "Zaino".
I've been using it for years now (1969 Black Vette, 2006 Mustang GT, 2011 F-150 Lariat, 2013 F-150 King Ranch), and love the results.
So I'm glad to present my 2014 Crystal Red convertible.
20141003_140030_HDR.jpg
20141003_135850_HDR.jpg
20141003_135922_HDR.jpg
20141003_135940_HDR.jpg

My crystal red looks great, but haven't used Zaino in years. It's easy to maintain a new car isn't it? :beer

I love the fact that if you have any questions, you can actually talk with Sal Zaino. Also, the more layers you apply, the less product it takes. Their Ultimate Car Care Kit is the best value.

I think there's a couple of different ways to "skin a cat" because there is more than one premium car care product line.

No doubt Zanio does a good job of making cars look nice and, indeed, you get the "wet look," if that's your goal.

Of the higher end products, I've tried from A-Z including both Adam's and Zanio but I've settled on C-Magic Wax for several reasons.

1) That's what the Corvette Museum uses on all Museum Delivery cars. NCM gets hundreds of samples of free wax a year to try. They've been offered Adam's products for free several times but each time the car care guys and gals at the NCM turn Adam's down and continue to buy C-Magic. Granted, they buy in bulk so they get a price break, but there's got to be a reason why they pay for C-Magic instead of getting Adam's for free.

2) C-Magic, I think, looks better than Zanio but then...I'm not into that wet look thing. I do all four of my Corvette twice a year with C-Magic.

3) C-Magic is really not a wax. It is a polymer product, so it won't melt off the car in hot weather.

4) The company which makes C-Magic was started by a Corvette enthusiast as a company which makes car care products for Corvetters.

I agree with Hib and use C-Magic on my Corvettes - just a great product. Used ZAINO before I tumbled onto C-Magic and was pleased with ZAINO, but I prefer the C-Magic. My C7 was treated with C-Magic by the NCM and it looks great. Never should have to clay bar the C7 since it was treated before the finish got contaminated on the trip home.

Barrett

With all the Zanio stuff I have I really don't need more sealant but I stopped at Jerry's Chevolet today in Bereford, SD to look at their Corvette Center and buy a bottle of wax and detail spray.
I did notice how slick the finish was on my museum delivery this summer the first two times I washed it. So I'll do a test on my daily driver mini van that is covered with Zaino and see how it stacks up.

First wash on the test hood. 1/2 is treated with C-Magic with detail spray. The other side Zaino AIO with Clear Seal on top. The sun came out and it hit 37 so it was wash time. The C-Magic side sheeted off and drops cleared faster then the Z side. Edge so far goes to C-Magic.

First wash on the test hood. 1/2 is treated with C-Magic with detail spray. The other side Zaino AIO with Clear Seal on top. The sun came out and it hit 37 so it was wash time. The C-Magic side sheeted off and drops cleared faster then the Z side. Edge so far goes to C-Magic.

What's the difference between Zanio and Zaino?

I'm with Hib and Barrett on this one. I've used C-Magic on my Vettes for years and am extremely happy with the results. Their convertable top cleaner and protectent is also a superior product! :thumb

35 degrees today. The hose came out and no beading on either side of the hood when water is "sheeted" over it. Appears to be a draw. :eyerole

35 deg. is too cold for my hose to come out. That's just 3 deg. above freezing! But that's ok if you wanna do it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom