Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DeWitts Radiator

I'm sure everyone already knows this but, Tom products are second to none. Absolutely awesome would be an understatement.

Jim

We're happy to have you here, Tom. :beer

radiator-top-500.jpg

Welcome. :)

Tom

DeWitts for me

I have a DeWitt radiator in my '60 with the electric fan set up and it works like a charm. For the next project I am working on, when it come times to get a radiator, it will also be a DeWitt!:upthumbs

IMG_6587a-vi.jpg

I bought one of Tom's for my 59 - looks stock, fits perfect. One of the best products you can by for your car.

Loren,

Just curious - Did you paint the DeWitts to look stock ? And if you did, does that have any effect on the cooling characteristics of the aluminum radiator. I've been toying with the idea for several years about buying a DeWitts for my '59, but my current (copper re-pro) radiator is almost new, but I still have a lot of cooling issues in the summer, particularly in stop and go traffic.

Bernie O.

Loren,

Just curious - Did you paint the DeWitts to look stock ? And if you did, does that have any effect on the cooling characteristics of the aluminum radiator. I've been toying with the idea for several years about buying a DeWitts for my '59, but my current (copper re-pro) radiator is almost new, but I still have a lot of cooling issues in the summer, particularly in stop and go traffic.

Bernie O.

Bernie

DeWitts offers what they call "Black Ice Coat" which is an epoxy paint to make the radiator black. They will paint it black before shipping it to you if you want the more stock look. It's $30 for the Black Ice Coat option.

Aluminum radiators have about a 30% increase in cooling capacity over your copper/brass unit so you should see a definite improvement in your operating temps.

In DeWitts case great customer service and great product go hand in hand! :beer

Loren,

Bernie O.

I got the Ice Coat Black upgrade, looks awesome. Like the ad says, "So close to original, it might just fool a few people." Might lose a point or two in NCRS judging, but worth it for the better cooling and lighter weight.

Loren,

Just curious - Did you paint the DeWitts to look stock ? And if you did, does that have any effect on the cooling characteristics of the aluminum radiator. .
Bernie O.

We use a special two part epoxy paint that is designed to adhere to aluminum. One of the biggest misnomers in radiators is that painting can help or hurt cooling. It does neither because the heat removal is done inside the fin and tube area, where very little paint can get to. If someone was to dip paint, that might ruin the radiator or if the face of the core was painted two or three times with excessive paint.

Purchased one at Carlisle this year. None better INMHO !!! :beer

Hey ..... I may be late to the DeWitts Radiator party here... But Never late for Dinner.

If you buy any other Radiator for your Ride Other then the De Witts...You'll lose out big time. Not Only does the DeWitts Radiator offer the Best in Cooling... But Best In CUSTOMER SERVICE....!!!!

When you need advice and or info after the sale... You'll get it from DeWitts..!!! This has been an Non "Water Boarded" Un Solicited Recommendation...... Just ask my 502 when it's 99 * in the summer.

502carlisle.jpg

I have a DeWitts' radiator in my '66 zz440 with air. Of course, VNV is the guy who water boarded me into buying it. This car can now sit on the Causeway in 99* heat in August with the draw bridge up waiting for some formerly rich mortgage broker to get his dual 454's out of the way. The engine is a pure pleasure. His dual fan bb kit is superb.

I also bought one of his least favorite options, a Spal Pulse Width Modulator controller for the fans. Seems as though there were a lot of returns with that kit but I love 'em. I bought out his remaining stock at a very good price. The PWM allows an infinite adjustment of the fans, based on sensor temp. Works very well in my hands. I have a Be-Cool blem that I bought for peanuts at Carlisle on the small block and added a Spal fan and PWM from Tom and also really like it. I think they fired the Be-Cool guy after he sold me a damn near perfect aluminum radiator for $125. The ONLY decent buy for me at Carlisle. :eyerole

I remember the day that I called Tom to order the BB setup. I don't think he was having a good day. When I called, he had to interrupt another call and I was making sure that I had the proper PN. Well, he said "Are you going to order or not??" :boogie "Uh, yeah Tom, no problem, want me to call back later?"

Heck, doesn't matter, he's a great guy, stands behind his product. For all I know, his "Management" may have been on the other line;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom