Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Diagnostic Tools for a C2

67ragtop

Does anyone know if a Sun LS2000 oscilloscope will work on a 67 with transistorized ignition? Are any special leads required that may no longer be available?

I'd like to have an oscilloscope but I'm worried the newer ones might not be compatible with the older cars.

Thanks,
Mike

I am not sure of the purpose of the scope? But if its a tool you only need once would it not make cence to send your TI out to Dave feilder from Ti specialties for set up?

I am not sure of the purpose of the scope? But if its a tool you only need once would it not make cence to send your TI out to Dave feilder from Ti specialties for set up?

The scope will show me the condition of my complete ignition system as it's running on my engine. Dave has already inspected my distributor, coil and TI module but didn't find anything wrong (I have what feels/sounds like a slight miss under 1200 rpm). The car runs great and it's not a big deal, it just bugs me because I think it could run better. The engine has been completely rebuild and things like plugs, wires, rotor, cap etc. have all been replaced and that little annoying miss is still there. At this point I just need to confirm if it's electrical or not. As for the one time use; A local shop quoted me $80 to scope it. I figure for a few more $$$ I could own one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom