Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Differences between Delco Bose for 1894-89 and 90+ vettes

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Hi, I don't want to sound stupid because I know the dash is different between pre 1990 and 90 up vettes but can anyone tell me if there's a difference in the size of stereo opening in the dash? Also is there a difference in the stereo electrical connections.

The reason I ask is that I own a 90 and there seem to be a few aftermarket double-din sized stereos available for the 84-89 Corvette but very few (if any?) alternatives for the 90 up car.

I'm thinking of fitting an aftermarket stereo (my bose is playing up - how familiar is that story?!) but was wondering if there are fundamental reasons why I cannot fit a stereo that is designed for the earlier C4 dash.

Thanks, folks.

Se www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette/

Size matters

So in an EARLY ( 84-89 ) Vette the dash has an opening that is a NORMAL rectangle.

After market kits are available for these all over the place.

As far as 90 up..I have never seen an after market unit installed.. there was a post earlier about stereo's & upgrades...you will have to search it.

The 90-96 model is different from the aspect that the HEAD unit is just a control surface with the cassette & cd mechanisms... the BRAINS ( if you will ) were located under the pass side hush panel... then went to the Boze speakers, relays et al.......

The mounting here will be trickey...

This is all I have to offer @ this point.

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom