Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Differences between Z06 and Z07

SolidLifters

Corvette
59 60 62 63,63,63 65 67,67 69,69,69,69,69 70
I know there're the tires, spoiler and brakes, but are there any other differences like suspension. I'm a little late to this party but have got the itch. For a street car I'm not sure I should order the Z07 mostly because of the short life and high price of the tires.

The following information comes directly from the Chief Suspension Engineer at Corvette.

The suspension on Z07 equipped Z06s is stiffer than non-Z07 equipped Z06s. The springs, shocks, Magnetic Selective Ride Control calibration and stabilizer bar bushings are different between the two.

The front spring has a 62% higher rate on the Z07 than the standard Z06.
The rear spring has a 22% higher rate on the Z07 than the standard Z06.

The different stabilizer bar bushings help the Z07 achieve an appropriate understeer level.

The Magnetic Selective Ride Control shocks on the Z07 have a tighter gap which means a higher “passive” curve in addition to a more aggressive MRSC damping tuning.

I know there're the tires, spoiler and brakes, but are there any other differences like suspension. I'm a little late to this party but have got the itch. For a street car I'm not sure I should order the Z07 mostly because of the short life and high price of the tires.

Do what I did. For normal driving I have a set of Pirelli P zeros mounted on a second set of rims. The P zero's are good for 25K miles or so. When I want performance to the max I put the Michelins on the stock rims on the car and go.IMG_2111.jpg

I just ordered a Z06 with several of the Z07 options (alacarte), I didn't want the harsher (stiffer) suspension or the Michelin Cup tires. I got what I wanted and not
what I didn't. I got the full Z07 rear spoiler, but a smaller version of the front splitter with ground effects see photos Aero Performance versus Z07
Aero Aero Package.JPGZ07 front.JPG Z07

Are the Pirelli tires the exact same size as the Michlen tires that came with the Z06? Do they also have the same ambient temperature limitations as the Michlens? Like little traction below 40 degrees and start cracking at 20 degrees?

Wow! reading the additional info under your username, lists quite a stable of Corvettes. Do you still have them all? If so, I'm impressed! :cool!:

Back to your regularly scheduled program....... :L

Are the Pirelli tires the exact same size as the Michelin tires that came with the Z06? Do they also have the same ambient temperature limitations as the Michlens? Like little traction below 40 degrees and start cracking at 20 degrees?

The P-Zero tires are the same size, same load rating but a much better tread wear rating (harder compound) the ambient temp restrictions aren't there but when they are cold you can still blow them off. I don't know of any tire that holds traction at low temps. Can you use Google? Perhaps you can search for yourself.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom