Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Difinitive Wheels & Tires

H

Hijinx

I know the wheel and tire question has been debated over and over again on the forum. So, for a twist I figured I would ask a bit different question.

Tell us what your running front and back and how you got them to fit. Give tire size, wheel size and spacing.

Yea, I am not being totally selfish on this. If you was my "The Whole Enchalada" post, you know that I am adding off-set T-Arms to my '73. I hope to fit a set of stock style wheels in 15x10 for the rear and a set of 295/50's. So here goes;

Currently;
Stock 15x8 rims and 255/60R15 BFG's all around.

Plans:
15x8 front rims (5" spacing) - 255/60R15 front BFG's
15x10 rear rims (5" spacing) - 295/50R15 rear BFG's

Man, no takers on this thread? That's a first.

Ok I'll be first.
295-50-15 rear
235-60-15 front
Mike

Hi,

I have 255/60 front and 295/50 rears on the original wheels and as I have previously said no rubbing on the body or the trailing arms. The rear tyres are just level with the body but it is a tight fit inside at the trailing arms. If you are going to use offset ta`s 5" backspacing should be ok. The 295`s are about 12" wide if you take account of the slight sidewall bulge you would get on a 10" wheel. What I am not sure about is the dimensions of the earlier frames and body. Is the rear bodywork on your car as wide as the later 80-82 cars and for some reason I seem to vaugely remember reading somewhere that the rear frame rails were slightly narrower on 80-82 C3`s.

J.

I currently have BFG 235/60-15s all around, but plan in the near term to put 255/60s on back, all on the stock rally 15x8 rims. When you determine where you're going to buy your 'stock look' 15x10 rims, let us know.... I'd eventually like to do the same thing you're doing, with 255/60s on front and 295/50s (on 10" rims) in back. I like the looks of JHL's (what an awesome car!), but I think I want bigger wheels in back.

Hopefully, I can get confirmation that the 10" rims will work and have the setup in place by the end of the week. I'll let you know what I find out.

If anyone can shed some definitive light on the 10" rim with 5" backspacing on off-set T-Arms, I would really like to know. I have heard that it might hit the spring.

I too am running 235/60R15's all the way around.

Scott

There is no problem at the spring on my car and although I have the standard alloy rims, the tyres are about 2" a side larger than the wheel. I assume that with the offset t/a`s the wheel mounting to the rotor remains in the same place ???

Ala75 :upthumbs Thanks :beer

J.

Do you know if your wheels are 8 or 10" in width?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom