Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Digital Dash Mph Conversion

R

RoyalViking

The dash on my '89 only goes to 85 mph. Normally that's ok except one day I was on an on ramp and well there was this young guy in a 5.0 Mustang and well I wasn't watching the speedo till I looked down and realized it was above 85 (the scale works but the digital mph readout does not).

Wasn't there a company that used to do something to convert the dash to read higher?

No, I don't do this every day but I like to know how fast I'm going.

I'm also dreading the dash repair/refurbish and wondered what it would take to do this myself.

Roy

D

DkBG

A rebuilt unit will cost around three hundred buck . Its easy to change . You can buy equipment to do the repairs but unless your going to do alot it isn't cost effective .

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Roy, the digital readout for the speedometer should go all the way to 999 if it's funtioning properly. The bar graph will only indicate 85 mph though.

_ken :w

R

RoyalViking

I guess if the digital display worked I would have known.

Is there a way that I can purchase the led display myself?

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
No, you can only purchase a remanufactured unit (the entire digital display) from either an aftermarket supplier such as Mid America Designs or your local Chevy dealer. He may have a contact for suppliers but it'll cost you more.

They can be rebuilt if you're electronically inclined, or have someone rebuild it for you. Vigman (Mike) is a member here that dabbles in rebuilding theses units. You might get in touch with him.

_ken :w

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
was gonna say.....

had mine upto 130 the other night on a desolete stretch of road and mines an 87 :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom