Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dilemma: '01 MY or '02 EB

S

sariana

It's my turn to get THE VETTE...but which one? Both pre-owned, low miles (~4000) and priced right. The EB is beautiful, and the wheels were chromed. The MY is a Bad Boy! with the red seat/dash inserts and short-throw shifter. Are the '02s that much better? Will the love of the MY color remain or wear out soon? Anybody else that had a similar choice - any advice? regrets? tales of joy?:s

I say toss a coin. In the end, it really does not matter as you will never get everybody to agree on the same car.

Then again, the longer you wait to decide, somebody may make the decision for you by buying one or the other, or both!

Personally, I think a Corvette can be any color as long as it is some shade of red or black. (granted we have a polo green model, but I did not pick that one out).

So, there is your answer from my perspective.

Go for the 2002 electron blue...Key word....2002

Get the 02, after talking with a couple of 01 owners, there IS a difference in performance, and sound.
vettepilot

Go with the force, Luke

We looked at/test drove several different vettes in several different colors of different years before we decided on "the" one. It was a combination of things but one thing is sure...our vette called to us. It said, "buy me...you won't be sorry". Actually it was that little voice in the back of my head. It said, "kill your parents". No...that was a different time. :D Seriously, you must have a little bias somewhere, go with your first thought. They will both turn heads. The yellow is a little much for me, and it's too bad you can't get an 02 in nassau blue, but I would go blue. Listen to your own little voice, but leave your parents alone. Maybe a nice shirt for Dad...Fathers Day IS comeing up ya know. :L
--Drew:w

Thanks all...I've tipped over to the EB '02...lots of reasons, but maybe the little voice said 'it will look great with your blue lens Oakleys"...Tomorrow the deal gets done...will let you know outcome...

If you get the EB, I can tell you the outcome already... you'll be grinning from ear to ear!
vettepilot

go w/ the m/yellow

im a huge fan of the yellow, but not such a fan of the blue. let me explain, corvettes would look amazing even if they were purple w/ puke green polka dits, but in my opinion the m/yellow is a better color fr ay car than the E/blue. if i had to coose, i would care more about the perfomance of the cars, but mostly, how well the previous owners took car of the cars.

Lets revisit this thought!

vetteZ06dream said:
corvettes would look amazing even if they were purple w/ puke green polka dits,

Does the '98 Pace car with the putrid color combo look amazing...we all say yes...just for different reasons

:puke

...amazing they sold any that is...
of course no matter what color a Corvette comes in...you always have to have it :)

Dilemma Solved

the most beautiful Electron Blue 2002 Z06 is in the garage...needs a little bath...but both car and owner are very happy...I have lots of questions for you other Z06 owners, and thanks for all the advice and comments...

S

Congratulations on your new Vette, I guess you now know that no matter what your choice was... it was never going to be totally wrong. Best wishes on your purchase! Let the fun begin.
vettepilot

Color is a personal choice. Only you can decide that.

But all things being equal (including $$$), go for the 2002 Z06.

I wouldn't spend a fortune just for an 02, but it is worth a good deal more other than just being a year newer. I've owned both a 2001 and 2002 and yes, there is a difference. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom