Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dimension needed for 53/57

street_rodder

Corvette
1954 old drag car
Could someone run out into the garage & measure from the bottom of the front crossmember to the lip on the opening for the hood? I'm returning a drag racing flip front end to a stock hood opening and don't have the stock supports up there to use. THANKS!!!

Street rodder I do not know if we have some one in this section with a car that earley.OPPS sorry I just thought of 2 guys I ll drop them an email

Untill you get your answer how about a nice picture of the car as a drag racer before you got started

I'll tell you if you post some pics of the racer.:D
I got Larry's email and this is what I found.

Mine measures about 23 3/4 inches. Bottom of crossmember to top of the lip on the hood opening. I measured the center of the car. That would probably vary considerably from car to car depending on shims under body mount.

Duntov-097 said:
I'll tell you if you post some pics of the racer.:D
I got Larry's email and this is what I found.

Mine measures about 23 3/4 inches. Bottom of crossmember to top of the lip on the hood opening. I measured the center of the car. That would probably vary considerably from car to car depending on shims under body mount.

Thanks a million for the speedy responce,

ex drag car pics

Ok, ok..... the maroon one is in it's "glory" days, but they all get rough after the love is gone! If anyone knows of it's history let me know! Side said "Dorner's Son's Chevrolet" Frankfort, Ind. Have been in contact with one of the dealerships owners sons (he's late 60's now himself) & he doesn't remember anything about it. The maroon pic is from Gassermaddness.com website. It is confirmed as the one in the photo by the fender cut, rollbar holes, color. Came out of Kokomo, Ind, last owner Wm Harmon, deceased. Last titled in 1970. Thanks for all your help!

Thats a neat car you got. Are you restoring it to its previous drag racing glory ?

That site has some awesome pictures. I loved it. Made a great screensaver with all the Vette pics.:upthumbs Thanks for sharing.

If anyone gets the chance check out the site. Use the search feature and type in corvette. Its worth it !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom