Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Din and a half for C5

D

DRKNT57

I have been reading some of the threads on adding a new dvd/stereo systems. My C5 needs a 1 and 1/2 din if I don't want to have my dash wacked :bang.....and I don't. I would like to find a unit with DVD, GPS, RADIO combo.
I'm looking for your opinions, experience and thoughts on the subject. If anyone has pics I would love to see them. As always, thanks for your thoughts. :thumb

Yes, I am aware of that and thanks for the advice but I was hoping to get some imput from someone on what audio/dvd/gps unit they either have or recomend.
I know some of you out there have replaced your factory Bose with a new unit........what did you get?

I replaced mine with a simple JVC HD radio unit. It's on 1 din and I used a mounting bracket on it. I think it looks better than the stock unit did. only problem is you have to buy a special wiring harness to use it with the bose speakers and that will run you $100 minimum. They do make 1 din units that have the motorized screen that pops out for dvd's if that's what you're looking for. :w

Hi There,
I got so fed up with trying to figure out what would or would not fit, I just bit the bullet. Had the Center panel completely redone for a new Alpine AV-205 (din and a half). Dropped the AC controls to the bottom, removed the ash tray. Looks great. Plays radio, cd, dvd (movies or mp3 / wma) Best part, add the GPS B-200 and you have moving maps, directins and bluetooth. Mount the mic on the steering column and never hold your phone again. Additionally, the B-200 has a SD card slot for even more music.
Jnj

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom