Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DIRECTIONALS STOPPED ...

midyearroadster427

Corvette
1967 Red 427 Roadster, 2012 Grand Sport Coupe
WELL... THE DIRECTIONALS ON MY 67 JUST STOPPED WORKING...THE FLASHER IS GOOD AS THE 4 WAYS WORK ..THE BRAKE LTS WORK..TAIL ETC......I DID NOT SEE A FUSE DEDICATED TO DIRECTIONALS? SO I AM THINKING ITS THE DIRECTIONAL SWITCH AND CAM INSIDE THE STEERING COLUMN. I DID HAVE TO HOLD THE LEFT DIR. DOWN FOR IT TO WORK SOMETIMES..SO I SORT OF HAD AN IDEA THE CAM WAS GONE... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????/ OH I DID CHECK THE CONNECTION AT THE PLUG TO MAKE SURE ITS TIGHT

Does the turning signals and emergency flashers use the same flasher?? Check for another flasher for the turning signals.

Yes, there are two flashers. One is mounted in a clip located near the top of the driver's side radio side panel.

I can't remember which is which, but if you've checked the one on the fuse panel, check this one too.

:w

The flasher in the fuse block is only for the hazards - the turn signal flasher is mounted just above your right knee on the radio side panel. :)

I SWAPPED BOTH FLASHERS AROUND AND MY 4WAYS WORKED WITH BOTH FLASHERS THATS WHY I AM LEANING TOWARDS THE DIRECTIONAL SWITCH...

The little broken leg in the pic is the cause of your first problem (need to hold lever manually). As to the now complete failure, and given the functionality of flashers you have noted, I would be inclined to replace the switch. The 1967-68 units were scarce (big $s) two years but they are being reproduced and cost about $70.00. While you're at it you may wish to replace the upper column bearing.

switch03.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom