Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Disabling the automatic locking feature?

rch105

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red II Coupe
I guess I'm at the point where I'm getting tired of reaching for the door unlock switch everytime I stop the car and let it run (as you just backed out of your garage and you need to grab a shop towel). Is there a function in the DIC to disable it. The doors automatically lock every time I put it in gear. I googled it, found nothing, yet seem to recall I read you can do it....somewhere! Be kind to me...I just turned 61...!!! lol

;shrug

On the DIC, it's Options, AutoLock (On or Off). At least that's what it is on the 2004. I think it should be the same for the 2000.

I guess I'm at the point where I'm getting tired of reaching for the door unlock switch everytime I stop the car and let it run (as you just backed out of your garage and you need to grab a shop towel). Is there a function in the DIC to disable it. The doors automatically lock every time I put it in gear. I googled it, found nothing, yet seem to recall I read you can do it....somewhere! Be kind to me...I just turned 61...!!! lol

;shrug

If ya don't find it in DIC suggest owners manual....it should also tell you there....you can find owners manual on this site too I think.....(if ya don't have one)

The DIC option for auto lock must be turned off or you must have a spare key with you. If the option is "on" and you close the door with the engine running, the car will lock. It can be very annoying if you are out somewhere and the car locks with your only key and/or fob inside the car with the windows up, the top up, and the trunk closed. The CAC site has the owner's manual available for you to read for instructions. Do you have an owner's manual? If you don't, get one.
Barrett

If the [DIC] option is "on" and you close the door with the engine running, the car will lock.

Are you sure about this? I've never had that happen on mine, and I have the auto door lock feature "ON."

Rtfm

FYI, I have. Still doesn't alter the fact that it hasn't happened on my car. So RTFQ...

And my manual says the doors won't lock until you get ~10 mph on the car...

The Window Valet allow you to change the unlock feature. I like mine set to unlock when the car goes into Park. It also lets you roll the windows up/down with the remote and a few other things. Well worth the $125 or whatever it sells for. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom