Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Distance from Frame to Ground

Grizzly

Corvette
1967 Marlboro Maroon Coupe, 1992 White Convertible
We were going over a friends recently purchased 74 and we were wondering if anyone could tell us what the proper ride height is so we could decide on what if anything to do about springs.

If I were you, I would just look between the fenders and the tires. There shouldn't be too much room, but it should definitely not rub if a hard bounce comes along.

BTW, make sure that the wheel/tire combination is stock, or else the above wouldn't work.

If you check out the following diagram. I think you are looking for the J K & D dimention. J= 8.42 inches K = 8.27 inches d= 2.24 inches Assumption is no FE7(HD suspention)

Another general check -- 28 +/- 1/2 inches to the top of the wheel arch. That is a good first check. As stated this is stock wheels & tires.

cwerve74 said:
If you check out the following diagram. I think you are looking for the J K & D dimention. J= 8.42 inches K = 8.27 inches d= 2.24 inches Assumption is no FE7(HD suspention)

Another general check -- 28 +/- 1/2 inches to the top of the wheel arch. That is a good first check. As stated this is stock wheels & tires.
It only has 7 leaves in the rear spring so I assume it is HD suspension. Would that change it much?

Thanks...................

Yes the 7 leaves would indicate FE7 option code. The numbers are different will get them this evening. If I recall the differences are in the 1/2 range.

It was a long way to the house yesterday so I am a day late on my promised update. The dimentions for J,K & D if you have feature FE7 HD suspention are

J= 8.18 inches K = 8.13 inches d= 2.15 inches.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom