Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! distributor wiring

vsmall

Corvette
74 small block red
hi all ,i began a restoration project about six months ago and my problem is that i dissconnected the two wires that are connected to the distributor and i have forgotten which wires they are ,the previous owner had connected them using single type spade connectors and did not use the original double spade plug , the car was starting every time i turned the key before i started the project so i know i dont have any major problems, i think i may have found the positive wire as it lights up my test light when i turn on the key ,is the other wire a negative or a positive! or how do i go about finding it as there are lots of other wires hanging around the firewall , wiring is not my strong point so iam afraid i will damage the coil if i connect the wrong wires ,oh the car is a 75 stingray 350. Looking forward to your knowledge
Regards

IIRC , 75 was HEI ignition- makes life pretty simple- only 2 wires- a fat (10ga) red wire and a white wire (tach), the 10ga wire goes to the BAT terminal and the white one goes to the TACH connection on the cap. All done. I suspect the reason they (GM) used differernt connectors is so vibration wouldn't shake them out.

IIRC , 75 was HEI ignition- makes life pretty simple- only 2 wires- a fat (10ga) red wire and a white wire (tach), the 10ga wire goes to the BAT terminal and the white one goes to the TACH connection on the cap. All done. I suspect the reason they (GM) used differernt connectors is so vibration wouldn't shake them out.

Thanks TimAt , got it started and woke up the neighbours last!! night happy days thank you kindly
Regards
Vsmall

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom