Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

diverter valve part #?

7t7

What a challenge I'm having bringing back my 77 L82 to California emissions...'nuff said I suppose except with that, I need a diverter valve and have come accross a part # 7030760 for a 76 but the guy says a different part # is listed for a 77/8 but then another guy with one for sale says it will absolutely work for my 77. anyone with any advice on this? AAAAGGGGGHHHH! ;shrug
thanks! Dennis

Dennis
I looked up the valve it says 77-78 17054984. Don't know why my book jumps over 76. Jack

I’m with Artsvette here,
Looks to me like GR.3.670 Part# 7030760 is for a part named VALVE, SIL. DVTR and is for a 76 only application. GR.3.670 Part# 17054984 is specific for 77-78 and is called a VALVE, DVTR. Looking at the drawings between the two it is not clear what the differences are.
Brian

I appreciate the help, Brian. I'd like to keep it specific for the year and your reply will allow that to happen. Any chance you guys have one or know who to ask? Dennis

I’m with Artsvette here,
Looks to me like GR.3.670 Part# 7030760 is for a part named VALVE, SIL. DVTR and is for a 76 only application. GR.3.670 Part# 17054984 is specific for 77-78 and is called a VALVE, DVTR. Looking at the drawings between the two it is not clear what the differences are.
Brian

I saw the 7030760 I just diden't mention it because I don't think it is the diverter.
7t7
I maybe able to hook you up with a valve. I have a friend that is very heavy into smog equiptment.

thanks, it would be welcome relief to end this search...let me know when you can. History and price is enough info for me to decide on...let me know if you need my email or whatever else. Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom