Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Do the 96 LT4 cars sit lower than other C4s?

1996 LT4 Topic

Mark Oliverio

Corvette
96 Arctic White LT4 coupe
I had my LT4 parked between 2 95 Vettes the other day and it was very evident that the 96 sat a good inch lower (both front and back). All cars had the same size (stock) tires. My 96 has the adjustable suspension. Both 95s had base suspensions.

Were there variations in ride height from year to year? Or with different suspensions? Not complaining at all (I like the lower look). As far as I know, my car is stock through and through.

Lt4 suspension is same as LT1 suspensions.......I don't recall any reports that GM ever changed the height of C4's, but they did recalibrate the suspension...85's were quite "harsh" in their ride....

The base suspension C4s do sit higher.
The year and engine are probably not a factor.

They're the same, maybe yours is lowered.

AS

Grand Sport clone package

I'm on the Vracer v700's now, when I wear em out it'll be 710's.

I got a deal last fall on the 700's on ebay. they were the "sorry we messed up" tires another autoxer got from Kumho when the first batch of 710's was declared bad. He didn't need them so I got for $100 ea & shipping. I'm new (now is 2nd full year) so I figured they'd be good enough & maybe I would not "ruin" them with bad driving.

I'm very pleased & they hold up to my spins very well:)

I think if I do all events in 05 I'll be ready for 710's by mid year.

Pretty much all the fast guys are on 710's or Hoosier's (don't know the Hoosier model)

I'm doing a gm top end cleaner (tank) now & wow feeling some serious perf. gains. I have 55k on it so it was ready. Do this if you haven't yet. This is GM techron conc. not the pep boys stuff (which is less potent)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom