Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do You Remember Your First Wave?

I remember my first wave, I waved, he didn't :-( I too have found the newer vette owners don't seem to know the protocol.

I remember mine clearly. It was the summer of 1968, I had bought my first Vette. A midnight blue with white coves 59 roadster. It had the hardtop which was in midnight blue and the car was just a powerhouse. 283 with a 4:11 rear and two Holley's four barrels and a four speed. it had a white interior with little chrome balls as inside door handles. It has a positraction unit in the rear and It normally chirpped when going around corners. I remember my first wave as a guy in a 57 past me in the opposite lane in New Jersey and it soon happened many, many more times as i started to notice it from other Corvette owners waving back at me as I drove the roads around my home in Pennsylvania. It was a great time, but alas, I got drafted the following spring, and having nowhere to store her, I sold it. Never did find the next owner despite a three year search.:eyerole

Got my first one yesterday. It was an older gentleman, looked to be in his 80's driving a little red Ford something. Cool thing about it was, he never even looked at me, he was looking at the Vette. Kinda like he was waving to an old friend and grinning from ear to ear.

ok what do you guys do when you ride past a person or group of people on the street that stop and stare but dont wave... do you wave, act like you never saw them, get an uneasy feeling (like you just walked into a room with your pants off)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom