Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dodged A Bullet!

NC2Stay

Corvette
1995 Coupe, Torch Red, 6-speed, chrome sawblades
North Carolina has emissions testing, but only on a county-by-county basis. When I was in Raleigh it was mandatory (pre-Vette), but when I moved to the beach they didn't.

Well, they announced recently that my county would start, and I thought of all those California posts you read about problems.

Today I read that you don't have to have the testing for private vehicles built before 1996 - mine's a '95!

Hooray!

Bob

That's good news....wish other states would consider the more conservative approach to emmissions. I believe in clean air but sometimes we get just a little carried away like we have in the past. Imagine the polution that enetered the atmosphere just from Katrina alone....that can't be healthy!

there just trying to get rid of our old cars. and or pocket change, maryland has $450 before you get a wavier if it fails to many times. i had C3 in Cal that never passed unless you adjusted the timeing while it was being tested. Cal you take it to a Automotive shop for emissions. Maryland is a state run deal, not tring to make money on you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom