Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

does an 88 c4 gas tank ,have a drain plug ?

PalmSprings

Corvette
1988 c4
I wonder if the 88 c4 came with a drain port on their fuel tanks.
If they dont have one I see my my only choice is to add fresh gas to it and starter up. I suspect its got a gallon more or less in it the last 5 years. I tried a siphon hose,but couldnt detect any fuell by blowing into the hose as I advanced it into the tank.
Would anyone do this differently?

You could jack the car up sideways,get the remaining gas to 1 side,put a gal or more into the tank to dilute the old gas & siphon that out.I bought a new Ford Probe back in the day & that actually had a gas tank drain plug.

There is another choice. Since these are top fill you could remove the fuel sending unit and clean the tank through the opening. I had a total mess in my tank the prior owner left the fuel sending unit unbolted with the fuel door off and water got in the tank. Took quite a while to get all that cleaned up.

After siphoning I removed the remainder with some old rags to soak up what was left, then after it dried out completely I cleaned the whole inside of the tank - the water had rusted the sending unit there was rust and crap everywhere. shop vac, compressed air, windex were all part of the solution.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom