Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

? does antique TITLE affect value ?

Jack

Corvette
71 War Bonnet Yellow VERT 71 BH Blue CPE (SOLD)
I'm considering antique plates here in South Carolina. Other than a minimal ($15) one-time fee, they offer a large yearly savings because antiques are exempt from yearly licensing, property tax & road use fees. Of course, use is restricted but I think that will not be an issue with me. My concern is NOT about restricted use.

But there's another possible hitch, a rather new twist on old SC procedure: when applying for an antique plate, one must surrender "existing" TITLE to SCDMV and a "new" TITLE is issued that designates vehicle as an ANTIQUE.

Do you think having an antique TITLE will affect valuation; up or down, now or in future? :confused

Jack:gap

I figure a title is a title. I don't see where it would matter as long as it is a valid title. And if you want to later can you change back?? If you can go back to standard title in the future then you have nothing to lose by going with the antique title.

Just my .02, but it doesn't sound right. Changing a title for a second title (antique)?!
:confused

I believe I would skip the antique plates and title.
:)

I wouldn't worry about it. Some states don't even issue titles for older cars. If you ever sell it the new owner will simply transfer the title to his name, anyway. Wouldn't stop me from buying a car with such a title. Make a good photocopy of your existing title just for your own records. I think the $$$ savings are well worth it! Mike

Jack,
PA is the same way. I got my car titled as soon as I got it home, and didn't apply for plates. After a couple months, I applied for classic plates and got a 'new' title ($22 title fee again) I'm sure you can change it back if you want to, or if you sell it to someone else, in whatever state, they won't be bound by the designation. BTW, my ins. is $144 yearly, plates are $75 - permanent registration. By comparison, it would otherwise be $36 a year.

Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom