Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does anyone drive w/Kumho brand tires & what do you think of 'em?

chgostout said:
but when they do catch up and I'm already stopped at the light, I'll see them looking down at the lights - but I can see in their faces that they're confused and even a little angry ... cause they're not on anymore! Then when the light turns green and I take off again, they come back on again! So, now they're really bewildered

Sounds like me!:eek and then :confused or:mad and finally :BOW

Hey,

I was talking to a few co-workers a couple of weeks ago and we happened to get onto the subject of cars. Well, this one guy mentioned that in Chinatown, maybe over the weekends, they have guys with Ricers so tricked out that they trailer them to street race!

Hear or see anything like that?

Here's one more for you lights! :beer

Discount auto parts sells the valve stem lights now (and i think wal mart does too) I think they are ricey though... all the ricers seem to have those things. seems like all the ricers know how to do is easy stick-on, glue-on and screw-on mods. If it requires a wrench, it is out of their league.

chgostout said:
I sometimes drive straight thru the doors(without opening them!) :)

here I've EVER seen with 'em! And I wanna keep it that way! :)

Just go to : www.visualfxonline.com They have a whole assortment of neat lights and accessories to jazz up your whole car if you want!

Most of the links on that site seem to be broken right now including the ones on the stem lights :(

I just checked, and yes that other link is not working properly, but this one is, and it's the same site : www.street-looks.com (They claim the batteries they give you last for hundreds of hours - It's more like tens of hours .... but you can get more @ .60 ea.)

Yea, VetteIt, I guess you could say they look a little ricey, but I like 'em ... and I think they attract alot more looks than just the car alone (Tho, the car does turn alot of heads anyway, by itself!)

But, as a single (divorced) guy, "out on the prowl" on a weekend nite, ... and gettin' up in years with alot of grey hair, - I need as much as I can get, to try to catch some lady's eye!

No, Bullwinkle, I've never gone to Chinatown to see the ricers race ... but I'll bet that would be funny to see ... just like the lowriders ... or some of the other " funny cars ".

Vettelt193 said:
ricers know how to do is easy stick-on, glue-on and screw-on mods. If it requires a wrench, it is out of their league.

Must depend on your location. Around here, full body kits, stereos, and turbos are big. The body kits are pretty hard to put on (been watching a neighbor) and the turbos are a killer - drilling holes in the oil pan, tapping into the oil pump lines, etc.

Ricer neighbor did a decent stereo install - pulled out all the seats, trim, and carpeting and ran heavy-gauge wires down the center tunnel and around the door sills. Braised and lugged all the connectors. Then his car got stolen and torched...

Sometimes it pays not to advertise...
[RICHR]

kuhmo tires

i have a set of them and i like them fine
they are the size that would be on a 93 and i have them on my 90

I have a set of 255/40/17 Kumhos on my 88 coupe and they are fine. More than adequate for the money and a professional racer I know drove the car and commented that the tires were quite a good choice.

Best regards,
Gerry

i have them on my 93. while i find them to have great stability and cornering they ride awful hard.

2 different

i have the kumho tires. a 93 has different sizes f/r.about $100 each thru the TIRE RACK.they have an 'AA' temp rating so thats good down here in n.c.but they are a bit slippery on a wet road.so watch it. otherwise good traction and very good milage.

Used to run firestone on my 87, things got tough in the pocket book, so I tried Kumho about two years ago. Very impressed with them all around. Less noise, good wear, good wet traction, side bite is not as good but must remmember the cost is significanlty less. Unless money changes to the fat side will continue to use Kumho tires. They work very well on my 1/2 ton chevy pickup as well.
jrjr

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom