Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does anyone know the cheapest way to get a 2006 C6 coupe to look like a 2010 GS

ChrisMikes

Corvette
1963 Red Sting Ray Convertible
Considering these are actual factory pieces price looks reasonable. I wonder how much the individual pieces would cost if you were purchasing for collision damage.

Considering these are actual factory pieces price looks reasonable. I wonder how much the individual pieces would cost if you were purchasing for collision damage.

yeah well I guess me and my buddy would just be chasing waterfalls by trying to look for something cheaper, huh?

If I were your friend, I would not alter the body of his coupe. Doing that will affect the sale or trade sometime down the road as it will NOT be a Grand Sport. He would be much wiser to consider trading it in now for a GS.

Elaine

Find a couple totaled Z06s and scrounge the body panels.

yeah well I guess me and my buddy would just be chasing waterfalls by trying to look for something cheaper, huh?

Money in the bank would be to trade it in for a real GS. It will be a lose/lose money situtation to alter an original C6 with GS style panels, with either OEM parts or aftermarket. The C6 will be worth less money, plus the cost of parts and labor will be lost. If it is strictly a money situtation, an original OEM GS would be a better value.

Money in the bank would be to trade it in for a real GS. It will be a lose/lose money situtation to alter an original C6 with GS style panels, with either OEM parts or aftermarket. The C6 will be worth less money, plus the cost of parts and labor will be lost. If it is strictly a money situtation, an original OEM GS would be a better value.

I couldn't agree more!!

Elaine

I couldn't agree more!!

Elaine

Me and my buddy understands that, but the only problem is his credit isn't good enough for a new GS

The Chevrolet dealer won't give him the car :nono

Me and my buddy understands that, but the only problem is his credit isn't good enough for a new GS

The Chevrolet dealer won't give him the car :nono
He won't be getting the car by putting body panels on either.
He'll just have a car that may look like one to the untrained eye.
There will always be those awkward moments when a real GS owner comes up and starts talking and he'd have to let him in on that's it's not real.

I've always been somewhat against making clone cars unless you install everything the car you are trying to make actually had.
It's like putting a 427 emblem on a car with a 350.

The question was about body panels, not cloning - right or wrong. The fact is that it's simple to install the wide body panels, just the way Chevy does it. They are a direct, bolt on replacement, and the job can be done by anyone with a little skill with a complete socket set. I'm sure he'd love a new GS or Z, but that wasn't the question. BTW - adding wide fender kits to Vettes is a tradition that goes back to the C3 Greenwood kits, and even before.;)

I actually took it as he was trying to make is car look just like a GS.
He used the term conversion kit, but I consider that "Cloning".

Cloning is not a bad thing unless someone is trying make a buck by tricking someone else. That does not appear to be the intention.

nothing is cheap in this game-parts and labor-it could be done,but forget about cheap.It could be done but...in the end its a jerked around c6 keep it forever o.k. try to sell it as what?

Wouch, if he's not happy with what he has maybe he should wear a zorro mask when he drive's it. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom