Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Does anyone know why the horn honks four times when I exit the car every so often?

Gray Goose

Corvette
2009 Cyber Gray Z06 w/chrome whls & Nav
We have a 2009 Z and every once in a while the horn will honk four times in succession after we have turned the ignition off and we have exited the car. Its usually as a result of shutting the door. Any thoughts? :confused

I've had the same problem from time to time and it's a little irritating .It is related to your key bob and it may happen even as you exit with the key in your pocket depending how you exit .I haven't totally mastered the problem .

I can only advise you that if our trying to sneak home at 2am try tossing your key bob out the window and hunt for it in the am.:)

My '08 will beep the horn several times to indicate that a FOB is still in the car if I close the drivers door and then walk forward beside the left front fender. That appears to be close enough to the car for it to think that the FOB in my right pocket is inside the car. If I walk away a little farther from the fender, this does not happen; or if I pause for a couple of seconds beside the door before walking away.

My '06 does not seem to be this finicky.

How did I notice this? When I park the '08 in the garage and my wife's '06 is also in the garage, there isn't much room between the cars, so I end up walking close to the front fender to leave the car. When my wife's '06 is not there, I give it a wider berth and no beeps.

My '08 will beep the horn several times to indicate that a FOB is still in the car if I close the drivers door and then walk forward beside the left front fender. That appears to be close enough to the car for it to think that the FOB in my right pocket is inside the car. If I walk away a little farther from the fender, this does not happen; or if I pause for a couple of seconds beside the door before walking away.

My '06 does not seem to be this finicky.

How did I notice this? When I park the '08 in the garage and my wife's '06 is also in the garage, there isn't much room between the cars, so I end up walking close to the front fender to leave the car. When my wife's '06 is not there, I give it a wider berth and no beeps.

Thanks guys....that puts one mystery to bed. I'll be sure to pitch the fob out the window before entering the garage as a good stealth move on those late night re-entries. ;)

My 08 C6 did the same thing. The dealer ended up doing something to the FOB and reflashing the EPROM. To my recollection there was a service bulletin concerning this issue. Bottom line the dealer fixed mine. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom