Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does Mark Reuss read the CAC?

Hib Halverson

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
Corvette
71 04 12 19
GM must have read all the complaints about C7 tail lights.

At the New York Auto Show, FNC's Gary Gastelu interviewed GM's President of General Motors North America, Mark Reuss about the Z/28 and the restyled bodywork on all 2014 Camaros. When asked by Gastelu about the exterior freshening, part of Ruess reply got my attention. He said, "A big change in the rear, in terms of the tail lamps from the approach to the tail lamps that we used to have. We did that relative to Corvette, so we get a good four-lamp package–the Chevrolet heritage–but we did it very differently, so we have a very specific rear for the Corvette and avery specific rear for the Camaro."

So...in an attempt to beat back the pissed-off group of round tail light finatics who say the C7 taillamps look like those on Camaros (well:chucklethey really don't, but no way am I'm gonna piss the C7 tail lamp whiners off even more by letting facts get in the way of a good story), Chevrolet simply changes the Camaro tail lamps so they don't look like C7's

I can hear it now!

The next big bitch session will be Camaro Nation whining that the 2014 Camaro tail lamps look like those on an old ricer, the Nissan 240SX.
;LOL

Last edited:
I belive it is called "Spin". :CAC

i think the tail lights are such a big deal is because thats all anyone else sees.:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom