Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

D'oh..I feel sick and stupid!!!

Terry

I don't have collector car insrance yet but i'm switching to it in a month or so. i'm currently with Nationwide who has my regular car, my home, and my investment rental property policies.
When we got the Vette we tried all the collector car insurance companies but they all turned us down for the same reason. They would only accept drivers with ONE or less tickets on their records and my wife currently had two tickets. (the ironic part is that she usually has no points on her record and i'M the one who usually has a lot of tickets!). In Oct one of her tickets goes away which will allow us to switch to into collector car insurance, but ONLY if they don't see more than one claim within the last 3 years they said. If I try to submit a claim for this damage after already having a claim in the spring because of my hood, that will be two claims and I can't get the collector car unsurance which I need because Nationwide is costing me a FORTUNE

Where to stop?

There is a reason for everything Barry.

Last time I had a similar problem happened when my dog chased a cat into the garage and both ran over the Corvette !!

The episode resulted in a trip to the body shop........and led to a complete new paint job.......and new chrone.......tail lights.....interior, and on and on.

I brought that car back to the degree I felt it deserved. I was just looking for a 'reason' to justify the work. Maybe you now have your winter project.

Ouch!
I love our pets but if either the cats or the dog did that they would be hurting animals for a while!
LOL

I AM considering a whole new paint job and would love it instead of trying to get the reapired sections to match the existing areas but I don't thin it's really in the budget right now
:(
This IS a good reason to justify it but i still have the bidget to contend with and with still needing to buy myself another daily driver car and having been laid off work since April 30th i'm not real sure a 8k-10k paint job is the smartest move to make right now.

BarryK said:
Hi Terry

I like your idea of the lip in front of the shelves but it won't work on mine. I actually put up those vinyl coated wire metal shelves. See here; http://www.closetmaid.com/Look/Product_Catalog/product.cfm?item_number=4735
When I was looking for shelves they seems to be about the easiest to put up, look halfway decent, and are reasonably priced. they also have the advantage since they are wire shelves you can pretty much see everything sitting on the shelf even if it way at the back although mine are not so high that anything would really be out of sight for me anyway. I now have 6 of these shelves hung up and it really helped me clean up the mess in my garage and organize things. It's not a "dream garage" by ANY stretch of the imagination but even a little bit of organizing helps.
I now try to keep all the lawn/garden stuff on one side of the garage on the shelves on that side, and all car stuff like cleaners, waxes, rags, car parts, chairs for shows, car cover, etc, on the shelves on the other side of the garage (BABY's side)
Barry, I believe you can accomplish the same thing as a plywood lip on the front of your shelves. Just turn them over and install them upside down, the "turndown" will then be a "turnup", the support bracket will still install the same way, I believe. The only downside is that you can't comfortably store something that extends over the front edge of the shelf, as it will sit on top of the front lip.

Ron:)

Ron Miller said:
Barry, I believe you can accomplish the same thing as a plywood lip on the front of your shelves. Just turn them over and install them upside down, the "turndown" will then be a "turnup", the support bracket will still install the same way, I believe. The only downside is that you can't comfortably store something that extends over the front edge of the shelf, as it will sit on top of the front lip.

Ron:)

Hi Ron

wow, great idea. I wouldn't have thought of that!
sometimes the simplest ideas.......

Barry,

Sorry I'm just getting back to you; been out of town for a few days. I'm planning to be at the show at Kahunaville as long as I'm in town.

Joe's Garage, huh ? I think that me be the same place a friend of mine is trying to get his '65 in for a re-paint. Tell's me the same thing about the backlog of cars; he's been trying to get his car in since this time last year. Guess if I want to use him I should get my name on the list now and by the time he's ready for me I could have the $$$ ready to spend.

Do you know Lou Cerchio ? He lives on Neptune Dr. in Northstar. He's a good friend of the guy who originallly did my car, RIchard Dampman up in Kennett Square. Lou has several Vettes, last I heard, including a '62 Big Brake car.

I live down in Newark just off Rt 896 down by the U of D Stadium.

Talk to you later and hope to see you at Kahunaville.

Bernie O.

Bwmurph said:
Barry,

Sorry I'm just getting back to you; been out of town for a few days. I'm planning to be at the show at Kahunaville as long as I'm in town.

Joe's Garage, huh ? I think that me be the same place a friend of mine is trying to get his '65 in for a re-paint. Tell's me the same thing about the backlog of cars; he's been trying to get his car in since this time last year. Guess if I want to use him I should get my name on the list now and by the time he's ready for me I could have the $$$ ready to spend.

Do you know Lou Cerchio ? He lives on Neptune Dr. in Northstar. He's a good friend of the guy who originallly did my car, RIchard Dampman up in Kennett Square. Lou has several Vettes, last I heard, including a '62 Big Brake car.

I live down in Newark just off Rt 896 down by the U of D Stadium.

Talk to you later and hope to see you at Kahunaville.

Bernie O.

Bernie

yep, my car was originally scheduled to go in the 1st week of June and I'm still waiting. I called him again last week right after this latest incident and he said he should be able to get in in this coming week....but I've heard that story from him before. i'll believe it when I see him actually accepting the keys from my car at his shop, and than who knows how long he will keep her!

Yes, I know Lou, he is only about 1/2 mile from me and I know his '62 big brake car. He goes through Vettes pretty quickly. He likes to buy them, drive them a bit and resell them. I think he told me his latest count since he started with Vettes is about 70 or 72 cars he has gone through.

Barry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom