Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Doh!!!!!!!!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Okay, I have just been posting and ranting a little bit to myself about my engine temp running 221 in traffic a few hours ago!!!!

I parked the car in the shop and cranked up the shop a/c. I just strolled out there (getting read for some lunch and watch an afternoon movie). I am looking around, checking my hoses, etc. when I decided to trigger the electric fans. DOH!!! I only have one running. So, when it cools down some more, I will dig into it and see what I can determine.

Man, that is still amazing on a blazing hot day with tons of cubes to cool, and a brief run of the a/c that I did not go over the top on temp. I did not loose any coolant even at the 221 temp. My computer calibration unit showed 231 after it heat soaked.

Let's see if I can't get it back down around 200 all the time when I figure out why the fan won't run.

I too am amazed at how quick my C5 will rise to 230+ in traffic. It quickly falls will a little acceleration, but looks bad while idling.
Here in TX it can get to 100+ easy and lots more than that in traffic. I have also noticed that it is easy to get trash on the radiator thus blocking the air flow.
Engine temp is one of the things I watch closely.

Hey chris

on your 90 vette are the fans on the noisy side just wondering since mine seem quite noisy compared to other electric fans Ive heard running although Ive also noticed the pitch on the fan blades is pretty aggressive compared to again others Ive seen

No, they are pretty quiet. I have to really pay attention to tell if they are running, but the 90 is terribly noisy at the exhaust, so it might mask the noise.

I had a blown fuse on the left side fan. Don't know why it blew, but changed it out and she is cool as a cucumber now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom