Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Doh...

V

Vette737

Less than a month old and...

I'm driving down the freeway and some **S **L* dropped one of those truck ramps into lane 2. I tried to dodge it, but it got my right front tire.

I pulled over, to find a hole the size of a glof ball in the tire. No other damage, to the body or wheel, thank goodness.

After searching the CAC it seems that 15 tires are hard to come by.

Do any of you know about the Goodyear #1 NASCAR tires???

I have got 255 60 15's now and would like to keep that size and with the stock wheel.

However... This little deal has me thinking about new, bigger wheels.

I hadn't even thought about it before, any ideas on size?

Do I need the spacers I've read you guys talking about to go wider?

Does anyone have any pics of their 80-82's with custom wheels?

Thanks,

Scott

First its great you were not hurt, second it's great that the only damage was a tire and Last you must have Good driving Skill, something I see less and less on the road now days.

Good luck on the tire search

:w Welcome to the Corvette Action Center......sorry to hear about the road mishap.......the tire rack would be a good start on the tires.....

I bought my BFGoodrich 255/60/15 at the Tire Rack and they were here in a few days time. It has been a couple of years but I am most sure they still make the tires. Check em out for 15 inch tires.

I'm not sure about the truth of this; but I have been told that to increase wheel size, will also increase the roughness of the ride. My 77 doesn't have the most comfortable of suspension. I have thought about larger wheels; but am afraid of how it will impact on my kidneys.

Well, after reading the "Tire" posts and the tirerack site, I went with the Firestone Indy's. They ride MUCH better than the old Goodyears.

Thanx to all for pointing me in the right direction.

Later

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom