Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Done with my car...

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Done modding it, that is.

I have a 2003 Z. First video, the car has a Blackwing, stock exhaust manifolds and the stock titanium mufflers:

YouTube - Factory Exhaust.MOD

In the second video, the car has a Blackwing, LG Pro headers and the stock titanium mufflers:

YouTube - Exhaust After.MOD

Definitely noticeable difference in sound.

Here are videos of how it sounds from the inside.

First is just the Blackwing:

YouTube - Z06 start up before.MOD

Then this is with the Blackwing and LG Pro headers:

YouTube - Z06 start up after.MOD

The car definitely feels much quicker with the mods done. I had an HP Tuners tune done as well. Went in with 342 RWHP and left with 366 RWHP. Will post the dyno sheet as soon as my lazy ass decides to hook the scanner up.

Of course, the car sounds more aggressive. GF even said that she knew I was at her house because she heard the car before I knocked on the door.

Other mods are:

RPM Level IV transmission
LS7 clutch
MGW shifter with race knob
1-4 skip shift eliminator
160* stat
HP Tuners tune

I think I'm done modding this car. To justify any more money like heads/cam would be hard. By the time I get the funds to do that, I would have been promoted and had the pay bump for time in service so I'd probably just buy a C6 Z06.:w

Nice work LT!

To justify any more money like heads/cam would be hard. By the time I get the funds to do that, I would have been promoted and had the pay bump for time in service so I'd probably just buy a C6 Z06.:w

CPT is just around the corner.

:pat

Deployment money helps make saving up for a set of heads easy. That is how I was able to afford a 700R4 swap and a new interior on my '78 back in 2002.:D

KANE,

by the time I hit CPT, it'll be ZR-1 money if I stay unmarried and still have no kids. ;LOL It's not that I'll be making big $, it's just that I manage to keep expenses low.

Christmas is a promotion and January is 2 years time in service for me.

Dwayne,

He hooks the car up to the dyno and a laptop through the OBD port. He'll drive the car to WOT about 4 times and make adjustments to the air/fuel. That's all I know about it.

As for the program itself, I don't have it, I know it costs $600 though, which is out of my price range for now.

We have a need for soldiers in Oklahoma????

It's like that YouTube video of Lonesome George on Carson: "If the Army didn't need me there they wouldn't have sent me there." This was during WWII

Here is the dyno sheet:

Dyno2.jpg

"I think I'm done modding this car. To justify any more money like heads/cam would be hard. By the time I get the funds to do that, I would have been promoted and had the pay bump for time in service so I'd probably just buy a C6 Z06."

Ya know sometimes after I haven't driven my 2003 LS1 - 350 HP for a while, ( My winter beater is a 2.2 liter 4 cyl 2002 Cavalier) that when I get in the Corvette and I'm on the turnpike, even if someone is tailgating me, one punch of the throttle petal and their lost in my rearview mirror. No matter what anyone says, V8 Power is Power, Nothing else like it. I can only dream of driving a LS9 Blue Devil. :w

HP Tuners is just the name of the software the shop used to tune the car.

I'm actually thinking about picking it up in the future. They go by a "credit" system and I think most cars use 2 credits to tune it. I think you get 6-8 when you buy the program. I think the cost is about $600.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom