Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

door chime acting up

kclark

i have a 89 c4 and the door chime has a life of its own. that is the chime comes on after the car is shut off and the key pulled. will stay on forever or untill i stop it by pulling the courtesy 15amp fuse or disconect battery. no special chime order starts and stops and starts. has anyone got any ideas or hepl please??

i have a 89 c4 and the door chime has a life of its own. that is the chime comes on after the car is shut off and the key pulled. will stay on forever or untill i stop it by pulling the courtesy 15amp fuse or disconect battery. no special chime order starts and stops and starts. has anyone got any ideas or hepl please??[/quote]

Tried the back door switch "drive pin" fix and still didnt work, they seem to be in good shape and all too. Chimes still ding,ding,ding intermitently with key off. Wonder if there is a front hood switch? Interesting, wonder if there is a courtesey /clock relay?

New developement. tun the key on and get dash lights but nothing at the crank position but then starts up with full power on next turn of key. Checked the security lights for blink and solid and security seems to be working. frustrating

;help

My '93 Ruby is wacky as well... It doesn't bother me to much, but someday it will be on my "to do" list.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom