Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! door emergery cables 2008 vette convertible

2268irma

Corvette
2008 Black Convertible
Neither cable would open my drivers door I removed the inner panel and found the plastic housing & both cables not hooked to latch. Can any one show me where they go and how the plastic housing is held to the latch. Thanks Bob

First off "Welcome" to CAC is in order. :w I can't help you with your question though. Hopefully someone here will be able to chime in with the answer. You know, I've never tried opening the doors with the cable, I ought to try it some time in case I'm ever caught inside with a power failure.

Door latch release cable

The cable is connected directly to the latch. It is only about 30 inches long. You can remove the latch in the door jamb to find where it connects. I can't find an illustration in the shop manual so you are going to have to dig a little. You can test it first by opening the door (and trunk), reset the latch with a small screw driver or the key, place your left index finger on the latch and pull on the black tab in the trunk with your right hand. If the latch releases then it is properly connected. If not, take out the latch and figure it out.

Last edited:
cables

First off "Welcome" to CAC is in order. :w I can't help you with your question though. Hopefully someone here will be able to chime in with the answer. You know, I've never tried opening the doors with the cable, I ought to try it some time in case I'm ever caught inside with a power failure.
Nice car Tom just sold mine I loved the color I just bought a black convertible. The coupe was great but nothing beats a convertible especially in Arizona don't put the top up unless its over 100 or below 60. I ended up buying a complete latch assy. off the forum. It would have been a lot cheaper and better to put a key switch in the door. I know someone who broke the door window so he could get the hood open the cables didn't work. All the Corvettes I( owned in the last 60 years I never had a dead battery till this one it won't last a month not being run. Take care and check those cables and that key lock in rear. I pulled mine out and wrapped it in duct tape put it back in and put tape over the key hole it keeps it clean and always turns. Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom