Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door glass removal

Tims93

Corvette
1993 Polo green coupe
I've removed the door panel and have the regulator exposed and I can see two nuts that look like they are on bolts that run through the glass. The window is in the up position. If I remove these two nuts do the bolts push out the other side of the glass?and then does the glass just lift out or is there more to it? I'm replacing the window motor and I don't want to break the glass by making a stupid move. Thanks in advance for any info and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Take Care, Tim (car is a 93 coupe)

Put a clamp on the window and it won't fall.

Pic8.jpg

When I changed the pwr window mech. in my daughter's 84, the bolts holding the glass on the frame are actually studs. They don't come off. The glass had a metal strip on its bottom with slots for the studs to go through. Use the clamps, as previously mentioned, to keep the glass in postion to get to the nuts on the studs. Have Fun!

Just remember where all parts go. My window was not going up, I took the door apart to find a broken ribbon. I ordered the ribbon and it arrived a week later, had a little problem remembering where all the parts went.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom