Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door handles faded white

JohnnyC

Corvette
1996 Black Coupe - LT4
Does anyone else have the problem of their black door handles faded to white? It looks terrible, espeially on my black Corvette. I am not sure if it was the sun, wax, or what turned them white.

Can anyone help me out, short of suggeting buying new door handles. I already priced them out from Ecklers. :) So that is the last resort.

Sounds to me like they have wax on them. Try some wax remover to see if that will help.

tom...

Two options....

1) try Black again, Black Chrome, or similar product.... what also works sometimes is a sicone tire treatment like eagle 1 Wet, or Black magic Tire Wet... I like Black Chrome the best (partly because it is a turtle wax product and it is easy to find)... it works best if you put a few coats on... wait awhile after each coat... then do it after you wash the car.... after a bunch of coats it seems to really stick, and the handles (or other black trim, like the front air dam, and those round black things on the rear glass) will stay black.

2) I saw somewhere, one of the corvette magazines I think, where they tested a paint for the handles.... From what I remember they came out shiny instead of the standard matte finish... I also am not sure who sells it... someone here may know though....

Hope the cheap and easy Option 1 works!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom