Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Door Panel fasteners Late C-4

JimBobC4

Corvette
1995 Dark Red 6spd Convertible
;help

Does anyone know of a source for the door panel fasteners that push in at the bottom of the doors on the later model C-4's (1995) ? ;shrug

I've had my door panel off three times and the old ones are officially junk.
I'm tired of picking the old ones up off the ground.

Thanks.

You can usually get them at a auto body, paint and supply store!!Some times they may have to order it,But there still readily available!:thumb

I saw them in a catalog (Corvette Central?), but the local Chevy dealer ordered them for me. Next day delivery, no shipping cost, a little cheaper than catalog with shipping. I think they were just under $5.00 each ( :confused yeah...).

Thanks to all, I've tried Ecklers, Mid America, and a few others. Basically all the free catalog places :upthumbs.

I guess I need to start scanning the phone book for auto repair body supply places.

Its strange these little guys are so hard to find.

Ahhh revised my post. Lets check Corvette central

Thanks to all, I've tried Ecklers, Mid America, and a few others. Basically all the free catalog places :upthumbs.

I guess I need to start scanning the phone book for auto repair body supply places.

Its strange these little guys are so hard to find.

Ahhh revised my post. Lets check Corvette central
What color and How many you need??I'll see what I have here!;shrugProbly all I will have is Black or Gray!!;shrug :D

What color and How many you need??I'll see what I have here!;shrugProbly all I will have is Black or Gray!!;shrug :D

I need tan . However, I can paint the black ones. Anything is better than the holes I have where they used to be. I need 5.

I'm going ot check my local GM dealer today.:eek:hnoes

I bought mine online at Mid America Motorworks (MAM).

The ones Im looking for are the push in fasteners that hold the panel in place on the bottom. They look kind of like plastic roofing nails :upthumbs with barbs on them for lack of a better way to describe them.
I think they are for 1993-1996 door panels.

Mid AMerica doesn't have them, Ecklers, nor Corvete Central, or even Chevrolet for that matter. At least they didn't when I called them. The closest I have came so far are the cheap garbage at the parts store that I painted Tan. A very poor but necessary substitute.

The ones Im looking for are the push in fasteners that hold the panel in place on the bottom. They look kind of like plastic roofing nails :upthumbs with barbs on them for lack of a better way to describe them.

Mid AMerica doesn't have them, Ecklers, nor Corvete Central, or even Chevrolet for that matter. At least they didn't when I called them. The closest I have came so far are the cheap garbage at the parts store that I painted Tan. A very poor but necessary substitute.

Call upholstery shops they always have those things. Out of curiousity what is the length of them because GM used several different sizes I have ten of them to secure the plastic seat backs on my 82 trans am but they are to short. You are talking those white things that twist into trim panels and then has barbs that when pushed into the car locks them in place.

Here is a site I bought from sometime back they have every type of GM fastener you can think of. On left side click fasteners then on picture page click door panel clips or something like that. But they will have what you need and prices are very good ..... good luck

http://www.autobodysupplies.com/GMandUniversalClipsPageOne.htm

is this what you're looking for?

http://www.artscorvetteparts.com/part_detail.aspx?item_guid=9b438285-8185-432b-947b-2481bb292e70

JimBobC4,

I FINALLY found my C4 file. Try your dealer again. The Chevrolet part number is 10248247 - Description; RET F/SD. I ordered 10 of them for 4.70 each. Got them the next day. Good luck. :w

woo hoo ! We have a winner !:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Thanks to everyone.

http://www.artscorvetteparts.com

Had exactly what I'm looking for.

I do appreciate the GM part number as well. I hope it helps some future vetter .
10248247 - Description; RET F/SD. I ordered 10 of them for 4.70 each.

Also, that GM fastener site was very interesting. Every fastener you would ever need seemed to be there.Nice resource for future use.

One last item ... they are almost 5 bucks each ! :W that seems just a little inflated to me. 50 cents maybe, but 5 dollars for a little plastic snap in screw is just crazy. :eyerole

Its going to be 50 dollars just to remove and repair the door panels myself.

If ya play you gotta pay I guess

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom