Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Door Will Not Unlock.

Jim Z06

Corvette
2002 Torch red Z06
Have a '02 Z06 that the driver door will not unlock with FOB or by pressing unlock button on inside of door. It does lock by using either FOB or lock button on door. It also unlocks manually with the key. I have read on other threads that it is likely the relay in the door control module. Have also read that it might be the actuator. I'm thinking the actuator is ok because the door locks fine. Any opinions before I take the door apart. Thanks, Jim

Let me know if I can help further. I have worked on dozens of door issues.

I ordered and received the new relays. Proceeded to remove door panel and then door control module. Pretty simple when you follow directions on the links that can be found. I was a little hesitant about trying to remove and replace the relay on the circuit board myself but after watching the link on how to do I figured it was worth a try. I bought a de-soldering iron from Radio Shack for $15.00 and went at it. Surprise, No Problems. Works like new. Buying a new circuit board from GM is over $500.00. Used boards are a couple hundred (and may have the same problem). Sending the board out for repair is almost $100.00 if you can find someone trustworthy. I bought 4 relays for $15.00 including shipping and handling and had them in 3 days. Add in the de-soldering iron and the total is $30.00. Plus I have 3 extra relays in case the problem of locking or unlocking occurs again in the future. :)

Great and glad it worked out well. Funny, I have helped dozens of people to fix door issues on several forums and still have not fixed on own passenger door issue. I love being lazy and retired too much I guess.

Great and glad it worked out well. Funny, I have helped dozens of people to fix door issues on several forums and still have not fixed on own passenger door issue. I love being lazy and retired too much I guess.
How often do sit in the passenger seat? If it was the drivers door I bet you would have fixed it.:chuckle

Probably only if it was the power window relay which has no manual override. I am really lazy if it does not affect performance and handling which is JOB ONE.

Have a '02 Z06 that the driver door will not unlock with FOB or by pressing unlock button on inside of door. It does lock by using either FOB or lock button on door. It also unlocks manually with the key. I have read on other threads that it is likely the relay in the door control module. Have also read that it might be the actuator. I'm thinking the actuator is ok because the door locks fine. Any opinions before I take the door apart. Thanks, Jim
"Have you tried to reprogram the Key or Key Fob." I do Mustangs on the side, quick bucks. But Corvettes that I do is just the oldies for others." Write on the web, how do you program a Corvette Key or FOB for an 02 Corvette." More then likely someone will set you straight. With a Mustang, yes I know, you turn the key off and on without starting the car 10 times, do this twice it reprograms key and FOB. With a Corvette, Can't afford the newer models, so the web is your best bet. Going to GM dealer, $$$$$$$$$$." Wish I knew.

"Have you tried to reprogram the Key or Key Fob." I do Mustangs on the side, quick bucks. But Corvettes that I do is just the oldies for others." Write on the web, how do you program a Corvette Key or FOB for an 02 Corvette." More then likely someone will set you straight. With a Mustang, yes I know, you turn the key off and on without starting the car 10 times, do this twice it reprograms key and FOB. With a Corvette, Can't afford the newer models, so the web is your best bet. Going to GM dealer, $$$$$$$$$$." Wish I knew.

If you re-read his problem in post 1 it had nothing to do with the FOB.

If you will read the other posts we determined it was the relay and he documented the fix in post 5.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom