Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door Won't Open after replacing latch

Rob79er

Frustrated....I couldn't get me door to open last week so I ended up using a sawzall to cut the door striker off. So I bought a new latch, took off all the rods, door handle and cleaned and lubed them well. Reinstalled with new clips - the whole 9 yards.
I test it out by closing the door. Hmm, door won't open from the outside handle but will open with the inside handle. I try a few more times and now it won't open from the inside either. I have push down on that one latch lever with a screwdriver to get it to open.
I think that my striker is pretty well lined up with the latch. Not sure what the cause could be of all this.

Sounds like the operating rods aren't pushing the latch far enough to release. With the door open and the door panel off, use a big screwdriver to latch the door, then operate the handles to see what's going on. It could be as simple as one of the pivot points is flipped or the rods need adjusted.

Use the screwdriver to latch it- just push it in like it's the striker on the frame= it'll pop it to lock easily.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom