Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drag race cars in Vette magazine

henny496

Corvette
1963 Corvette coupe(pro street)
Hello
I am unsure how many people are interested in this article, but Vette magazine published articles on Drag race vettes in the Nov/ Dec issues
I missed the Nov issue , but I do have the Dec issue. The 5 speed Modified Production class cars where wild to watch,and the trannies those cars used would be the Doug Nash crash boxes
I am looking forward to using mine, but I just won't have an 11,000 + rpm small block in front of it....LOL
I have seen these cars (M/P )pull the wheels in first gear and then make 2nd while the wheels are still in the air.....very wild to watch
take care
Tom
I put the Lizard Skin on the interior this past week, so I am kind of excited to be at this point of my project

Thanks for the heads up about the article Tom. I was always a big fan of the Mod Prod cars.

Glad to hear that you are making progress on your project. I am really looking forward to seeing more pics of it.

Take care,
Brian

So I was at a local car show today

What pull in leaking oil,leaking gas all over and sounding like a scalded ape but this

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a cool '62. Reminds me of a '61 my buddy and I used to race.

Did you notice that most of the modified production cars in the magazine article were '59s?

Hello
I was not aware the first part of the article was online....thanks
Larry, do you know any more about that old C-1 drag car....I like that sort of thing
I am posting a link to my photobucket site on the assembly stage. I don't know how to post a pic yet....bad on my part
The last 2 pics are with the Lizard Skin, but they basically just look black

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/henny496/assembly/

take care
Tom

grew up watching those c1's and 2's dominating the nhra scene in the late 60's and early 70's for sure. I remember Reids Automotives 57 AMP big block pulling the wheels every time they shifted the car...awesome.....great memories.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom