Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drainage Problem Fixed!

M

matchframe

When I added the Vette bay to my garage, I have had a drainage problem ever since. When there was a heavy downpour for an extended time, water would go through my back door, and out the front. This would leave about 2 inches of water to clean up inside of the garage. I finally hired a man to solve my problem. What he came up with was a retention ditch, that would lead to the main ditch. But then, there was the problem of keeping the dogs in the fence, so he came up with a concrete dam.

Pic005.JPG

here is the back door where the water use to go through:

Pic006.JPG

No, that is little dog....also known as Ginger. Big dog is an Autralian Dingo named Annie. The creek got its name from one time the ditch was full, and the dogs came running around that side of the garage when I whistled for them, Ginger was running along the bank, and Annie ran straight down the middle of the ditch. So we started calling it "Big Dog Creek".

I have to find some heavy duty grates to put across the ditch so I can still park cars on that side of the garage. That is the one thing I still have to work out.

Bill

Why don't you lay some landscape fabric in the ditch and then fill it with a mix of washed stone? You'll be able to park on it and the fabric will help control the weeds.
Just a thought.:w Take care, Tim

My wife was just telling me the same thing. She saw it done on one of those shows on Discovery Channel.

Sounds like a great idea!

Bill

matchframe said:
My wife was just telling me the same thing. She saw it done on one of those shows on Discovery Channel.

Sounds like a great idea!

Bill
Build a french drain, had to put one around 3 sides of my garage,
put black flex pipe in trench, the kind with slits cut in the top of it.
fill trench with gravel, run off will then flow thru pipe, with excess draining into ground. if poissible leave one end open, if not, it will still work. use enough gravel and you can park on top of it without any problems. if you have lots of water maybe use 2 pipe ducts. if trench is even or lower than your slab water would flow into it.
also use gutters that drain away from building, paint inside walls (and exterior ) below water line with a good water prof paint sealer.
Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom