Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dreaded "reduced engine power"

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
came on briefly on Saturday.

I was sitting on post at the shop waiting for a bay to open up. Backed into a spot and opened the windows. Saw the "reduced engine power" and thought that was strange, never seen it before. Then the driver side door controls wouldn't work, none of them would.

Tried the passenger side controls and those worked.

Tried starting the car and it started fine. Decided to head home at that point, driver side controls still would not work and the doors did not auto lock like they usually do at 10mph.

Also noticed that oil and water temperatures were high. Oil was 220 and water was 230. Figured that thermal inertia had them rising after I stopped the car and there was no fan or air forced underneath to cool it.

After driving for about 5 minutes, the temps dropped back to normal.
From my reading, it seems that the main culprits could be:

weak battery
alternator
G101 ground
G102 ground

Those are all pretty simple to check.

Any other suggestions?

I've also read that low coolant could possibly cause this. Is this true?

what did you find out on this?

It was a battery on the way out.

Also, the rubber "accordian" going from the body to the door, the wires that are taped together, the tape was coming off. Re-taped the wires with electrical tape and the problem has not come back.

^^ok, cool. I wonder if your volts went down on your DIC? I like to get an idea of where my volts like to hang out--so I can get a clue to a bad alternator or battery ahead of the curve.

take care.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom