Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

drivers seat wont go back far enough

Markmbaha1

I'm 5-10 and like my seat adjusted back far from the foot pedals. I guess I have unusually long legs?? My seat wont go back far enough for my right leg foot to be comfortable on the accelertor. Any trick to get it to slide back further?

Welcome to CAC, Mark. :w Is there something behind or under the seat stopping it? I'm 6'1" and I never had a problem when I had my 2001....even had the seat forward of the furthest back position. The seat should go back to the bulkhead. The question is how far back do you have the seat back leaning? If you have the seat back leaning way back, it could keep the seat from going back as far as you want.

The C5 was designed for guys much bigger than the C4s were. The demographics that they were using when designing the C4 were from the 50s and people were much smaller then. If you have time, read "All Corvettes are Red", which is a history of the things the designers went through to get the C5 designed and into production....a good read.

Thank you for the article note. It definately feels like the seat hits a normal stop in the railing. There is a bit of space 20180701_125628 (1).jpgbut not much. The picture shows the seat back partially tilted forward to get my cam in for the shot.

That looks like the right amount.....not sure why you would be having issues.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom