Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Drivers side door not killing the radio

Vertigo

Corvette
1994 Black Vert
Hello all.

I've just noticed recently that when I'm opening my drivers side door after shutting off the car, it does not always kill the radio/acc lights. I have not had much time to check it out, I wanted to think a fuse at first, but highly doubted that. Thinking it might be a possible loose wire or maybe a relay going bad, but I wanted to check with some of the more tech savvy first :D

It sounds like your door switch is hanging up. It's a plunger affair located on the rear of the door. Sometimes a little lubrication will help. Do a search on Door ajar switch for more info.

Thanks for the reply Rabbit. I went out and checked that and sure enough seems that switch is not detecting when the door has been opened. Held it in on the passengers side while the radio was still playing and as soon as I let go everything shut right off. Drivers side switch isnt recognizing this.

Thanks for the reply Rabbit. I went out and checked that and sure enough seems that switch is not detecting when the door has been opened. Held it in on the passengers side while the radio was still playing and as soon as I let go everything shut right off. Drivers side switch isnt recognizing this.
$23.00 and you'll be good to go!!:upthumbs

In the event you have to change the switch check this thread. You shud be able to change it without pulling the door panel.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=855750#post855750

If the switch fails it shows a continually closed door, therefore the radio doesn't shut off. Another test of the switch (if you have a coupe); try popping the rear hatch using the switch in the driver's door. If the switch is bad the hatch won't open but will using the switch in the center console.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom