Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Drivers Side Headlight??

Donne Trav

Corvette
1994 Blk/Blk
What the HEY! Drove to work early this AM, using the headlights on my '94. On the way home in the PM, I noticed that the drivers-side headlamp was stuck in the "open" position. After repeatedly turning lights on & off, to no avail, I tried to force it shut, but it wouldn't budge. What's going on? :WPlease explain/HELP!:W

What the HEY! Drove to work early this AM, using the headlights on my '94. On the way home in the PM, I noticed that the drivers-side headlamp was stuck in the "open" position. After repeatedly turning lights on & off, to no avail, I tried to force it shut, but it wouldn't budge. What's going on? :WPlease explain/HELP!:W

I'm almost sure that helped....:eyerole

Thats why they have a "manual knob" made for fingers.....:chuckle

Identify the problem,. is it trying but unable to move or is there simply nothing happening. One condition is the result of the drive dampeners worn out, the other means the electrical has failed. Its managed by a module. Motors are rebuilt everyday. There are many threads on this if you do a search.

Headlights - Motor Bushings

Sounds like the bushings inside the motor gears shot. If you see white dust near the headlight motor, this is a good indication. The bushings are made of plastic and tend to wear out after a few years. I did mine back in 2004 and they are still working great. The parts are cheap but the labour takes around 2 hrs per light (at least for me it did). Get the parts from Mid America or Ecklers. Make sure to do both lights at the same time (might want to replace the lamps while you are in there as well). Good luck!

Can you hear the headlight motor running? As already pointed out, the bushings could be the issue. They do not age well. A pain to replace, but the replacement parts are both low cost and available.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom