Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Drivers-Side Window Motor?

Donne Trav

Corvette
1994 Blk/Blk
Hello. I need to check and possibly replace the driver's-side window motor. I have removed outer panel, etc., but the motor/regulator are hidden by an inner metal panel. What part of this seemingly 2 - piece metal panel do I have to remove. There's the large — dark colored piece that has bolts along the top and bottom of the door. And there's also a silver color piece in the center of the larger piece. I just need to gain access to the motor. If I can't, I'll be "ripped-off" in the morning
by my local dealership. Please help. Thank you.
thumbsup.gif

I had to remove the glass (carefully), remove the bolts holding the regulator in the door, then work the regulator out through the space provided. The motor is riveted, those will have to be drilled in order to remove the motor. A Royal PITA.

I had to remove the glass (carefully), remove the bolts holding the regulator in the door, then work the regulator out through the space provided. The motor is riveted, those will have to be drilled in order to remove the motor. A Royal PITA.
Is it necessary to remove the window relay/motor unit just to CHECK or REPLACE the motor? Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom