Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driving the Callaway As she was meant to - Part II, Skyline

*89x2*

Today, we took the SNAT up to the Skyline drive cruise up through the park and then down RT211 - Over 115 Vettes were in the parade :)

We divided into 3 groups after entering the park - Our group was the lead group and we did a bit of spitited driving 'till we broke off to Brookside down 211 for lunch...

It was on the 211 leg of the run that my bride thoguht she was experiencing contractions cause by the ride in the Callaway :eek

We relaxed down at brookside as everyone at lunch - She was a bit tense after lunch so we broke off after watching all the Vettes in EVERY flavor HAMMER it back up the hill on 211 :upthumbs

...as we ran back up 211 ourselves, we stopped by Cooters Garage in Sperryville for a bit of the scenery and they have a neat museum dedicated to the show :cool

All in all, it was a great day - the SNAT preformed flawlessly and the coliovers worked overtime :D

The DD Center SNAT exhaust has a burble that is so sweet...

Odd things I heard today... "Is that a Callaway Kit" - From a camaro owner...

and folks asked if it was the "New Vette" while others asked where to get one :)

I will put some pics in the thread - Enjoy :)

Did you guys have to stay below the 30MPH speed limit? Or were you able to open up at some points?
Jedi

That looks like it rocked! :_rock What is the music plaing in the background? I would have loved to be in that race. I can't believe I missed out! :cry

jedi said:
What is the music plaing in the background?

That would be "Smack My B!tch Up" by Prodigy... Don't ask me why I know that! :L

They look like there were cranking at a couple of points there. :Steer

I thougt what he started with was Ballroom Blitz, which would have been appropriate. :dance

Great video looked like fun and it seems the white Z had a little get up and go.
Thanks for sharing.

I was behind mojo for that video. We were kicking major @$$ up that mountainside.

I did nearly die shortly after passing the motorcycles, but it all worked out nicely :).

Quite the bad weather today... I'm still driving the vette though, I'll drive it 'til it's icy... All I do is adjust my driving style so I'm looking out the side windows to see the direction I'm going more often...

I like to think that I'd have more respect for a Callaway. I'd drive the Z06 instead on rainy/icy days...

Mike

Awesome video! That looked like a blast. That white ZR-1 sounded pretty mean :D

Jay

That is a great video! I was LMAO while watching. It is so nice to see other people with the fever. Corvettes rock! And having a Callaway Corvette is icing on the cake! :_rock :pat :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom