Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dropping my mufflers

J

Joe Deb Vette

I have a 94 and am still trying to decide if I should go with Electric Cutouts or another system. I was going to see if I could just drop my mufflers and drive around to see if I like what I hear. Is there an easy way to do so, or do I need to cut them off? I don't see where I could unbolt them, and would hate to hack up the stock system if I can avoid it.

I really don't want to spend the $$ on a Corsa, and I'm afraid the muffler elims may be too loud, so thought if I just dropped the mufflers I could get a sense for how loud it could be!

Thanks!!!!:beer

Same here! I think we have been through this! haha

It unbolts from the cats only! The rest are exhaust hangers that hold it up! Let me know what you do!

I have been debating for months now!:cool

:thumb:thumb:thumb I DID get the mufflers cutted and install elims the second day i got it and happy with it since!!! even a nicer and deeper sound than my L-98 :beer

If you remove the muff's without extending the tail pipes past the rear bumper you will get incredible resonance issues ie- it isn't a real representation of the sound you'll get with a correct muffler eliminator. I cut muff's off myself and slip fitted the elimiators in place to see if I would like sound, then had a shop weld them in place.

Love them eliminators!:dancenaughty:_rock

If you remove the muff's without extending the tail pipes past the rear bumper you will get incredible resonance issues ie- it isn't a real representation of the sound you'll get with a correct muffler eliminator. I cut muff's off myself and slip fitted the elimiators in place to see if I would like sound, then had a shop weld them in place.

Love them eliminators!:dancenaughty:_rock

Muffler Eliminators installed...best decision I ever made with a mod on my Vette!!!! Thanks for the advice everyone!! :)

Im glad it all worked out!

How loud is it at idle and normal driving...How about under half throttle?

Are you able to post a video on Vettetube or Youtube... I am interested in doing something for the exhaust but I dont know what is too loud and what doesnt sound good.

Mines a daily driver so...

Thanks!:cool

Im glad it all worked out!

How loud is it at idle and normal driving...How about under half throttle?

Are you able to post a video on Vettetube or Youtube... I am interested in doing something for the exhaust but I dont know what is too loud and what doesnt sound good.

Mines a daily driver so...

Thanks!:cool

Around 2000 RPM's there is some resonance, but again, I don't drive her all that often, so it's not a big deal to me. I always have the top off too, so not sure if it would be louder with the top on and windows up? I was driving my friends new Lamborghini Gallardo yesterday and I gotta say mine sounds much meaner!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom