Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

drums/pads in disk hub can this be

You've never really said what was wrong with your existing rotors. Why are you changing them?

In any case, you only need to 'cut' them if the runout is too high. Measure first, cut later.

Better yet, reinstall your original rotors and leave well enough alone.

You've never really said what was wrong with your existing rotors. Why are you changing them?

In any case, you only need to 'cut' them if the runout is too high. Measure first, cut later.

Better yet, reinstall your original rotors and leave well enough alone.
the reason am changing the rotors is when i got the car last sept it had no brakes i took the wheels off and the front calipers where lecking so a thought a would put new calipers,rotors pads, in the back also while i fixed the bad ones in the front ..had the old ones checked and the shop said there to bad to cut thats how i got to this point ..

GTR1999, Hi , That ring gear on your avatar, the contact pattern is not correct, should be centered both ways, just an observation............
It is correct, the pattern was a little smudged but it is right. This is a performance set and they tend to be to the toe. The pattern between the face and flank is equal on both the drive and coast sides. each gear set will pattern differently and by the brand. These are Tom's gears, the best for a C2 or C3. They are in and running with no problem. I set up a set of 336's that were to the heel. Getting a text book pattern perfectly centered in all 4 directions is near impossible with most sets. The important area is the face(top) to flank.(root)

got rivets out of rotors today, if i could get another day above 40 and no rain or baseball priactice for my son i could get this brake job done soon.. LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom