Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DSOM Rules!

Gersh

Corvette
"06 Z06, Kawasaki ZZR, "66 supercharged Chev 489
I looked at the C6 color poll again recently, and Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic is still way ahead as far as "What color would you choose IF you were buying a new C6?" But the sales figures/ estimates I have heard say the opposite--DSOM is dead last--fewest of all the colors sold.

Does this make any sense? I don't know, but if it is a color that attracts attention and interest, that could spur the poll results. And when it comes to putting a definite choice on the contract, maybe people chicken out and go with tried and true...

I have had my DSOM for 3 weeks now and both the color and the body style have definitely grown on me--at first I was a bit sorry about the color choice, maybe wished I had gone with Lemans Blue or stayed with Black.

By now I love the color. Check out a few pics after I got it home...
View attachment 9502

View attachment 9503

View attachment 9504

View attachment 9505

View attachment 9506

But, if you are thinking about buyiing an orange car, try to see one in person first--you may get second thoughts, or if the lighting is good, you may love it too!
Gersh

I was also considering Lemans Blue until I saw the DSOM in a dealership in Dallas. Under the lights I changed my mind and never looked back. I ordered the DSOM and took delivery at the museum in August 05. I love the color and get compliments every time I am out in it.

Chris--
Glad to hear it. Congrats! and enjoy.
Gersh

In really like the DSOM and was planning on buying a C6 in a few years now the color is being replaced so I may have to buy used to get DSOM.

Photos just don't do it justice.
The question isn't whether DSOM, but DSOM in a vert, or a coupe ... Or a Z06? :naughty: :D

2DsomsA-1200.jpg

Bossvette, you and I had the same idea.

Treat it well, Gersh. One day Bossvette and I may be bidding on yours :L

I was in the plant 3 times in December and it seemed to me there were a lot of DSOM cars coming down the line. At the time I was aware of the poll numbers and so were the people with me and we agreed that the number we were seeing was higher than the published '05 stats (of about 8% ?) but maybe not as many as 1 car in 5 or 6, which is about what 18% would be. The color does have to be seen in person; a photo does not do it justice.

I had a Harley in a color they called Aztec Orange. Really close to DSOM. No matter where I took the bike, I always recieved compliments on the color. If I'm ever lucky enough to be able to order a new vette, DSOM would top my list of color choices, along with red, obviously!!!!!! :cool

My DSOM Coupe gets a lot of comments also. I love the color.

By all means it is a real attention getter. I love mine and I was going for the blue as well, now glad I went with DSOM! Now if the warm weather would get here I could get her out, she is getting tired of the garage!

By all means it is a real attention getter. I love mine and I was going for the blue as well, now glad I went with DSOM! Now if the warm weather would get here I could get her out, she is getting tired of the garage!

I love that color, and I especially love the verts. I'd seriously consider selling mine for one of those. That's absolutely beautiful! -John

DSOM pictures

I hope these are viewable!
Gersh

:) I forgot to mention in my earlier post that our 06, built in December, is a DSOM convertible, 6MN, 3LT, F55, OnStar, Power Top. Have about 1000 miles on it and so far absolutely 0 defects. Even the darn tire pressure sensors are dead nuts in agreement with an accurate pressure guage I have. Had the pleasure of filling out the JD Powers quality survey by reporting 0 defects. The DSOM color is constantly getting favorable comments from people. It is a very very striking color. And F55 is a killer suspension. And we love the climate control system too.
:beer

OrangeFlash said:
I was in the plant 3 times in December and it seemed to me there were a lot of DSOM cars coming down the line. ......

When we took the plant tour during the CAC CruiseFest last year, there was a lot of DSOM cars coming down the line too.

Love that color!

:w
Guy

I was looking for a used red C6 when I came across my DSOM coupe. I had seen the pictures and was not sure, after seeing the color in person I was in love.

Great color and glad I chose it over LeMans Blue.

Hi again everybody- Always wondered weather I liked this color or not, and I finally kinda figured it out - Yes its a wild neat color- But to me it harkens back to the sixties- I can just about visualize a Dodge Deora with this color on it- or a Burnt orange Rebel machine. Stand alone though, (where there are no mag reds around) it really is an awesome color.

SO cool!

Well, I have a new name for the DSOM Corvette color. I decided DSOM is too long and overly dramatic. My name is just "Sunset Orange".
As in SO cool! SO hot! SO wild! and SO on.
Gersh

I really love my new DSOM vert. And I'm really getting lots of compliments -- everyone seems to rave about how good it looks. I think the vert looks better than the coupe.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom