Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dual AC

claprood

Corvette
1998 nassau blue
I have a '98 C5. The dual zone AC work on the driver side but not on the passenger side. Any thoughts?

I have a '98 C5. The dual zone AC work on the driver side but not on the passenger side. Any thoughts?

Claprood - I was going to welcome you to the CAC, then I noticed you joined last May, so instead, I'll say congrats on your first post! :)

To expand on troubleshooting info:
is any air - hot or cold - coming out of the passenger side vents? No air at all?

This will give readers of your thread more of an idea what is - or what is not - happening.

I experienced an issue with my '98 last year in which the driver's side was blowing COLD air while the passenger side was blowing HOT air. I was advised to disconnect my battery for a few minutes to reset an actuator but unfortunately that didn't help. When my mechanic replaced it we found a cracked gear in the actuator.

Post answers to the questions I mentioned and someone should be along shortly with more extensive mechanical knowledge than me.

:wJane Ann

The AC is cold on both sides and the blower works, only problem is the passenger side temperature cannot be adjusted.

Could possible be either the head unit/controller or greater possibility the actuator (Gear broken)

Andy

Could possible be either the head unit/controller or greater possibility the actuator (Gear broken)

Andy

That makes 3 of us... sounds as though the actuator may not be allowing adjustments. ;shrug

Here's some pictures of our a/c system from a GM World Class Tech.

C5partsandmaintenancephotos032-2.jpg

C5partsandmaintenancephotos035.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0052-1.jpg

Sorry! I can't be of more help,
Andy;shrug

Thanks for the info guys. Konavette, I didn't revieve the picturesyou sent. If possible please resend directly to claprood@yahoo.com. Thanks again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom