Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dual C-4 fans in my 82 pics

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
Click on an image to view in greater detail.

upper radiator mount, made from 3/4 inch 1/16 inch thick angle iron with a small bracket welded to it, then shroud was bolted to the bracket very sturdy fans do not move at all, this also seals the opening found at the top and bottom of these shrouds, lower mount was a piece of metal bolted to bottom of shroud ( same angle iron setup on bottom to) then bolted to lower air dam, 2 hours too make the brackets fit nice

passenger side upper a-arm clearance, got all my clearances by shaving sides of the 95 vette shroud down approx. 1/4 inch and also shaving shrouds inner ducting down by approx. 1 1/2 inches & turning the fan shroud upside down

drivers side upper a-arm clearance, keep in mind I used a 89 camaro 350 aluminum radiator and my core is 1 1/4 inches thick so extra shaving of shroud may be neccessary if you have a brass 3 or 4 row or just use a camaro radiator like I did to install it just trim lower radiator hose 1/2 inch and thats all you have to do plus bend trans lines a little other that that it bolts right in with factory mounts

serpentine belt drive and fans, serpentine system is from a 1989 camaro, this installation required frame mod for crank pulley clearance, although a underdrive pulley may be small enough to clear the frame, also you will need a 1983 mustang 5.0 V-8 smog pump pulley that is 4 1/2 inches in diameter to clear pass. side upper a-arm and also shave smog pump down just a little to clear a bolt on upper a-arm alot of work yes but well worth the time

upper mount picture

dual fan relay setup and bracket, made from two chevy lumina fan harness and power block

Last edited by 71Shark at 7:09 pm on June 14, 2002

well hooked up all the wires to the fans today and now there running thermostatically fans on at 228 off at 208, so so far so good still haven't run it on the road as of yet but will keep you posted how it does in real time driving will take it in gridlock traffic on a 100 degree day, and take it for a whirl up in the mountains, Im planning on registering the car in two weeks if it can pass its nazi-fornia smog test, Ive also found the fans are quite noisy does anyone with these on there C-4 hear them as well, I took and redid the lower fan mount to something like on the top found that by center mounting on the bottom fan shroud tended to get very close to the radiator on one side this quik fix solved that problem, I would also have to say to run these fans dont try to get away with a small 70 amp alternator Im running the camaro alternator (what its amp rating is Im not sure) but when the fans kick on it drops voltage pretty good but it then restores it, no problems with the relay setup at all

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom